Friday, November 5, 2010

Welcome, November!


November 5, 2010

I haven’t written in a while but a lot has happened since my last posting!

On Sunday, my generous family drove me around PE on a nice sea view tour.  The views are soo beautiful! I saw a lot of the sea and will include pictures.  We stopped at a restaurant called Barnacles for lunch.  It was good food and great views.  There was even a yorkie wandering the restaurant :)

Cape Recife Lighthouse


Yorkie at Barnacles!


View from the Restaurant Barnacles





Pictures from the Sea View Drive





Sand dunes!




After I got home and did some research for my lesson on water birds.  Marvine offered to take me to the gym she goes to! It was so nice and we got a decent work-out in.  I hope to hit the gym more often! After that I was exhausted, I showered and went to bed to get ready for the week ahead!
..........
This week flew by…I can hardly remember it! :)

On Wednesday, I did my first lesson on water birds and introduced some birds to my students (flamingo, seagull, penguin, fish eagle, duck and pelican).  I talked about the birds and then the girls matched the bird name to some facts about birds. Then the girls cut and pasted the bird names and facts into a fun little book where they drew each bird. They turned out so cute! See!


Working Hard!



 Finished books to take home!
 My sample book!



On Wednesday evening, the school had an awards ceremony called Prize Giving. Collegiate knows how to have a ceremony! The decorations and floral arrangements were so nice and afterwards there was great food and drinks in the staff lounge.  Everyone got dressed up and I got ready with Janine and Marvine after we all got our hair washed and straightened at a hair salon.  It was so nice! I hope to go back again and get my hair done! I didn’t take any picture! OOPS!

The hall set-up for Prize Giving



Thursday night, I went with Melody to her friend’s home and had supper club with her and a lot of her friends! On the way there we stopped to get some gas.  You don’t have to get out of your car here! There are workers who will do it for you! How nice if we had this during Michigan winters! :) At her friend Adrian’s home we all built our own burger and just talked, I met a lot of fun people! 

Finishing up our work on birds, today (Friday) we made birds out of paper and they are more for decoration.  We displayed them on the hoops we have hanging in the classroom! They turned out so cute! Lastly, the girls are tearing paper from magazines and pasting them in the shape of a bird to a black piece of paper.  These look almost mosaic and have cool texture! Pictures to come for those! They are not finished!

Birds Displayed on hoops
 My paper bird example


Next weeks theme starts water! Uses, cycles, draught, etc! Should be fun!

After school today, Sherryl had a few students over and their moms who have helped make all the costumes for the upcoming concert! She put on quite the set-up! Sherryl is amazing in the kitchen and made meringue with caramel cream and strawberries, quiche, and delicious cupcakes! The girls got to decorate and frost their own and had a wonderful time! The moms chatted, ate and drank tea/coffee. 


 Tea/Coffee
 Cupcake Frosting Station


Prior to the tea party, Sherryl and I went to Woolworth’s to grab some fresh strawberries…on the way there we saw this man riding his bike! Apparently he is known for having this dog and how he rides on his back as he cruises along :) So cute, had to capture this!


Later this evening, Melody and I are heading to a theatre that will perform a mixture of broadway songs with a cast and band.  It was absolutely wonderful! The theatre removed the stadium seating and had tables set up throughout the whole hall.  There were ten at our table and you could bring your own food and drink and enjoy the show! It was such a great idea and I really enjoyed it! :)

Here is a picture of Melody and I at the show!

Melody's Friends!


xoxo

Miss G


1 comment:

  1. What a great week or so! So happy you are having a great time. We miss you terribly but so happy you are with such wonderful people!

    ReplyDelete